Oak Hill provides a full range of services to people with disabilities. We help all ages, from newborns to seniors. And our experienced staff covers the needs of every intellectual, developmental and physical disability.
We believe that people with disabilities have the right and capability to be contributing, productive members of their communities. Building from that belief, we established a full-service organization to care for, educate and advocate for disabled people, their families and their communities.
Oak Hill’s Vision, Mission & Core Values
Oak Hill’s Vision for People With Disabilities – Oak Hill’s vision is that people with disabilities will be able to achieve their full potential, engage in their community and meaningful relationships, and fulfill their physical, intellectual, emotional, economic, social, and spiritual needs.
Oak Hill’s Vision – Oak Hill will become and will be recognized as Connecticut’s go-to resource and partner for providing high quality, individualized, culturally responsive care for people with disabilities.
Oak Hill’s Mission – Oak Hill sets the standard, partnering with people with disabilities, to provide services and solutions promoting independence, education, health and dignity.
Oak Hill’s actions, policies, and day-to-day decisions are guided by these core values
- Responsibility: The people we serve are the center of all we do and we continually seek ways to help them develop their potential.
- Integrity: We hold ourselves and our programs to the highest ethical standards.
- Diversity: We seek staff and board members with diverse skills, perspectives, and cultural backgrounds and who demonstrate respect and cultural sensitivity toward each other and the people we serve.
- Partnership: We maximize quality when we work in collaboration with families, donors, payors, other providers, and the communities in which we operate.
- Excellence: We expect quality and professionalism in all of our programs and activities.
- Fiscal Stewardship: We manage our financial, human, and technological resources prudently to provide high quality, sustainable services that meet immediate and future needs and support long-term fulfillment of our mission.
Oak Hill Programs Broken Down by Numbers:
70 Group Homes
23 Day Programs
13 Individual and Family Support Programs
1 Advocacy Program
73 Towns Across Connecticut